the [mostly stationary] travelogue of a New Yorker in London

Monday, November 19, 2007

SUCCESS!!!

so today was an excellent day. it started out discouraging, but ended on a high note.

we started with a plan, then changed the plan, then changed the plan completely. wait...let me explain...i came here wanting to live alone. i wanted my own place with no one around. then i saw a studio flat in Willesden Green. a nice enough neighbourhood, but the flat was so tiny and so....alone. i realized that i would be alone, at the end of the day it would be just me.

i can't do that. i am too much of a hermit already. living alone in a strange city would just increase my likelihood of retreating, not a good plan for me.

so we changed our plan of attack entirely. i decided to look for a flatshare. a frightening thought, but it ended up being a good one.

we saw three, the first nice, in a nice place with nice people. the second in a VERY nice place with people that may have not been the best to live with. then came the last. it was in Camden, a tiny tiny room in a house. but it was perfect!
yes, very small, but in a house with the possibility of moving to a bigger room. but the room was so great, fantastic space with a fabulous patio. i am just so happy. it is perfect for me. and now J is here to make sure the people like me, and to make the room work in all its tiny glory.

No comments: