the [mostly stationary] travelogue of a New Yorker in London

Saturday, July 12, 2008

food

i have just remembered food. i haven't been eating properly, rather i have been eating but its been mostly takeaway, but this morning

[afternoon really]

i made pasta with snap peas and mushrooms. making coffee at the same time, the steam just came up into my face, reminding me how incredible food is. that first sip of coffee, that delicious just burnt taste, the way it envelopes my tongue and restarts my brain. it reminds me of every times of warmth and safety.

i've been having a lot of those moments recently. sitting in a pub feeling my jugular vein just amazed at my pulse. blood rushing through my veins, my heart pumping it and i cannot understand why it keeps going...but it just keeps going. its amazing. incredible. beautiful and fills me full of awe.

its really quite nice.

No comments: