the [mostly stationary] travelogue of a New Yorker in London

Friday, May 9, 2008

greetings from across the ocean

though not so across the ocean i guess...i am back in the US for a while. an unknown period of time that i am hoping is not all THAT long. it sounds horrible i know. but its not.

i love home. love it. thats part of the problem. the longer i stay here the harder it is for me to leave. plus there is all this stuff going on at home that i really want to do.

but the point isn't to complain. i have realised recently that mostly i used this area to ease my pain in the beginning. to soothe my loneliness and to keep me busy. but now that i am busy-crazy busy- im not writing. its sad. because the only record i have is the bad times and little snippets of the good things.

an update then...i am good. really really good. frustrated now but really really good anyway. i have amazing friends here and in london, a close supportive family and a job which while is very taxing, is one i love dearly.

i get to push myself and grow creatively while meeting cool people. i like it.

i was going to write about CSI now, the brilliance of the show and all that. i think i need to start using this space to talk about television and film in the way that i ramble to my friends about. its like publishing an academic essay without the bruhaha of all that. which is good, talk bullshit but not force anyone to actually listen to me:-)

i guess i will write in one of my journals and transcribe it to here. yes, this is what i shall do...my brilliance will come soon!

No comments: