the [mostly stationary] travelogue of a New Yorker in London

Friday, January 18, 2008

a bright spot in a pretty bleak weak

so i met Rhys Ifans on tuesday night. he is in a band called the peth. k is doing a viral campaign for them beginning with a film to hype their album coming out some time in the summer, and needed some moral support. she had never met them before and the drummer is the drummer for super furry animals

[one of her favourite bands]

she had a little bit of stars in her eyes and was nervous. so she asked me to come along. it was cool. he was very similar to his character in human nature. sweet natured guy. they spoke welsh quite a bit to each other and it was funny because they had some trouble translating back to english. actually it was quite fascinating.

then wednesday i worked at radar maker. i had a list, i completed the list it was wonderful. i love working. so so so much. i want to do it more.

however the calls have not come in. no one is knocking down my door, damn it. i am desperate to work to prove myself, not only because it would be good for my career but also because i am BORED. unbelievably fucking bored. i fucked up too. apparently if i called a guy earlier this week, i could have been working all week. damn it. my timing was off. fucks sake. however a few emails later today im feeling better, an email that was encouraging. i am hoping i get a call soon.

i went today to see No Country For Old Men. i loved it. so demented and dark, but funny at the same time. an extremely Coen Brothers story full of violence that was not shied away from. i was impressed and reminded why i want to make films, it was really the right thing for me to do today.

all i can do is go to A's party tomorrow, try not to think about the other A and hope like hell i get a call on monday or tuesday or...well, you get the idea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

IIIIIIIIII miss you I miss you I miss you I MISS YOU! Arrrgggh. Maybe I'll call... It's almost a good time there to call. Maybe I'll call. Dammit. You're so far away! I only ever write on this thing when I'd rather be talking to YOU...but you know that...

I'll call.

xoxo,
J.